3.01.2011

Tour Day 4 Recap: Southgate House (Newport, KY) - 2/26/2011


We just sat down at Starbucks in Columbus, OH, as if I haven’t had enough sitting so far this week, haha (not complaining at all). This has been one of the best weeks so far in my Verona Red life.

The show at Southgate House in Newport, KY, was one of my favorite out of town shows we’ve ever played. The Southgate House is a historic landmark in Newport. It used to be a mafia house, the inventor of the Tommy Gun was actually born there. In his honor, we tried the Southgate House's signature "Tommy Gun Shot" (Jameson with a pickle juice chaser). I had to sit this one out…something only the thought of drinking pickle juice could make me do…that or onion juice if there was such a thing. Mike and Tony assured me that the pickle juice did something good for them after the Jameson…but I’ll just have to take their word for it. Anyway, they turned it into a really cool venue with three different stages and each one feels like you’re in some old house from Boardwalk Empire. "Marjorie" was especially fun in this setting.

I tried to get some good pics of the place…and I have some cool vids I can post later. (when we get to a better internet connection) For now, here’s my pictorial summary.






We shared the stage with some fantastic bands last night. The Plastic Inevitables, Horsecop, and Static Vessels all rocked the house.

One huge thank you to Josh from Horsecop, who let us crash with him. He had one of the coolest places I’ve ever seen. Crashing on his couch next to Adam in this beauty salon chair was pretty entertaining (see pic at top of blog).


To any band who is looking for a fun show in KY/Cinci…call the Southgate House. Seriously.

Tonight it’s the Treehouse in Columbus! Does O-H-I-O know how to party on a Tuesday like Newport does on a Monday?  Guess we'll find out.

No comments: