8.17.2011

We're Playing A Place Close To Where I Grew Up This Friday 8/19- Penny Road Pub in Barrington, IL

It's like that Home song except I don't think Barrington, IL is one of the places they mention.


My memories of growing up near Barrington, IL are a little sparse.  I remember there are a lot of horses and I remember going to basketball camp at Barrington HS one summer when I was in junior high.  On the first day all the kids had given themselves cool nicknames based on premium cable TV movie channels, like Showtime, Cinemax, or HBO.  I remember I was late on the first day and by the time I had gotten their even lesser known channels like Encore and Starz had already been claimed.  I ended up going with Turner Movie Classics which I later realized was a part of the basic cable package.  Needless to say this didn't earn me a lot of respect, nor did it sound really cool when you screamed it out during passing drills.  It was a long summer.

Watch me re-live my painful past
This Friday 8/19
At Penny Road Pub (545 Penny Road Barrington, IL 60010
In the Underground Rock Room
Featuring:
Fickles Lot - 10:45 PM
Verona Red - 11:30 PM

21+
Cover: $6

No comments: