1.02.2010

New Year's Eve: Hello 2010!

So I saw a lot of new things on New Year’s Eve…unfortunately I ended up being too drunk to get any decent pictures and the person who I was depending on to take pictures instead ended up losing their camera…or it was stolen, checked craigslist… still not sure.

That said please forgive the shittiness of these pictures.

The first new thing I saw was Lincoln Hall. Couldn’t wait to check out Chicago’s coolest new venue since it opened a few months back. I really dug it…especially the ceiling fixtures…apparently.



I also saw the Fiery Furnaces for the first time. I dig their music, their live show not as much…but that’s how it goes sometimes.



After that we went to a friend’s sister’s house party, drank some champagne, hopped in a cab over to Durkin's (bar Mike works at), got kicked out at last call and then scampered home giggling uncontrollably. I believe the night ended with Grandma’s Boy, an ash tray full of tap water, and a spilled bowl of nuts... again more things I'd never seen before...two of those last three anyway.



Seriously though 2009 was the best year yet for Verona Red. THANK YOU to everyone who supported us this year. We are SUPER PUMPED for everything we have in store for you guys in 2010. WE LOVE YOU!


For some 2010 appetizers... two shows to get your lips wet.

Friday 1/8/2010 - Melody Inn

3826 N Illinois St, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208

Tickets: $5

Doors at 9 PM

With: The Locals



Saturday 1/9/2010 - at Subterranean

2011 North Ave, Chicago, Illinois

Tickets: $8 in advance: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=676225link

$10 at the door

Doors at 9PM

With: The Glide and The Locals

No comments: